Rustam Minnikhanov: We will do our best to hold Universiade worthy of great praise
29 February 2012, Wednesday
RT President Rustam Minnikhanov addressed first RF Vice-premier, Head of the Steering committee of the Games Igor Shuvalov with a request to provide extra 2 bln roubles of federal funds for ensuring safety of guests and participants of Universiade 2013 in Kazan.
The 5th session of the Steering committee on preparing and holding XXVII World summer Universiade 2013 was held today by first Vice chairman of RF Government Igor Shuvalov in the Kazan City hall.
RT President Rustam Minnikhanov, Russian minister of sport, tourism and youth policy Vitaly Mutko, Russian minister of transport Igor Levitin, Russian minister of the interior Rashid Nurgaliev, First FISU Vice-president, President of Russian student sports union Oleg Matytsin, and other officials attended the event.
Igor Shuvalov opening the session informed that the best part of sports objects had already been commissioned and are being used by the city dwellers and guests coming to the capital.
“We are moving forward in accordance with the fixed schedule. There are not any delays or breaches. Federal funding is provided according to commitments announced before,” Igor Shuvalov said, commenting on the fulfillment of commitments by the operation schedule.
To the point, Rustam Minnikhanov reminded that 500 days are left till start of the Games in Kazan. “We must be in time to realize everything we planned. Construction of sports objects is being fulfilled in accordance with the schedule,” RT President assured.
According to the President, a large amount of work is being performed on preparation of the transport infrastructure and organization of inter-modal transport.
Rustam Minnikhanov focused on the two problems requiring solution. “Nowadays, safety is a very essential problem, especially on the threshold of Olympic games in Sochi. After attending Games in China we have reconsidered some points, accepted integrated decisions used by Chinese partners, but some of them are rather expensive. I would like to ask for the federal support. We have prepared a proposal that was approved by Federal security service and Ministry of the interior.” RT President believes that it is extremely important to arrange a colorful opening ceremony of the Games.
Head of RT ministry of sport Vitaly Mutko reported on the process of preparation for Universiade in Kazan. By his words, the Games will be held on July, 6-17, 2013. 351 sets of medals are put for contest in 27 kinds of sports.
An official ceremony of opening Universiade Village will be held on June, 29.
According to Vitaly Mutko, a final membership of the Russian team for Universiade 2013 will be formed after the Olympic games – 2012 in London. The minister informed that three pilot competitions will be held this year on the threshold of the Games – World student championships on canoeing, rowing and shooting.
“We are running many projects in Russia and we are always glad to work with Tatarstan leadership. All commitments always are carried out in time. I hope citizens will see considerable changes, and Kazan turns into one of the best cities in Russia,” Igor Shuvalov summarized.
Rustam Minnikhanov thanked Igor Shuvalov for the visit.
On 27 November the Rais (Head) of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov took part in a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers of the republic held by the regional Prime Minister Aleksey Pesoshin in the Government House of the republic with al municipalities taking part in it via videoconference which discussed measures on stepping up traffic safety, decrease of car accidents and reducing the severity of their consequences in the republic.
On 21 November in his address dedicated to the Day of the Tax Authorities Employee of the Russian Federation, Tatarstan Prime Minister Aleksey Pesoshin congratulated employees and old stagers of Tax services with their professional holiday and said:
On 15 November, speaking at regional meeting held by the Rais (Head) of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov in the Government House of the republic with participation of the Prime Minister of the republic Aleksey Pesoshin and all municipalities taking part in it via videoconference, the regional Minister of Construction, Architecture and Housing Utilities Sector Marat Ayzatullin informed that 3m 144 thousand square meters of housing or 96% of the year plan have been commissioned in Tatarstan.
On 11 November Tatarstan Prime Minister Aleksey Pesoshin and the Chief Federal Inspector for the republic Viktor Demidov took part in a videoconference reception of citizens held by Russian Presidential Envoy in the Volga Federal District Igor Komarov which considered an issues of capital overhaul of the therapeutic wing of the inpatient department of the Aksubaevo Central District Hospital which was built in 1996 in the urban-type settlement of Aksubaevo (Tatarstan).